quarta-feira, 28 de dezembro de 2011

There is no cure for curiosity.

“Listen”, he said. “The trouble with you is that you don’t have any real kindness. Not but one woman I’ve ever known had this real kindness I’m talking about.”
“Well, I’ve known you to do things no man in this world would be proud of. I’ve known you to -”
“Or maybe it’s curiosity I mean. You don’t ever see or notice anything important that goes on. You never watch and think and try to figure anything out. Maybe that’s the biggest difference between you and me, after all.”
(…)
“The enjoyment of a spectacle is something you have never known”, he said.
Her voice was tired. “That fellow downstairs is a spectacle, all right, and a circus too. But I’m through putting up with him.”
“Hell, the man don’t mean anything to me. But you don’t know what it is to store up a whole lot of details and then come upon something real.”


Carson McCullers, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

Sem comentários: